The Personal Trainer program at Bryan University offers you a broad range of learning competencies. In addition to preparing for a highly-regarded industry certification, you’ll receive interactive learning experiences, live coaching and feedback, and hands-on health and fitness expertise.
The Personal Trainer program was designed based on current competencies outlined by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) so you can be assured of learning the skills employers demand. The program is delivered online with an externship component at a gym.
Gain the Skills Employers Need
As a student at Bryan University, you’ll attend a top fitness school where you’ll gain extensive knowledge in our interactive classrooms from faculty who have real-world industry experience. Your courses will provide:
- An intensive curriculum periodically reviewed by industry experts which includes a core focus on body sciences, nutrition, and personal trainer certification
- Technical fitness fundamentals needed to give you an advantage in your career including client intake and assessment, design of cardiovascular and resistance training programs, and kinesiology
- Motivational techniques, goal setting, and long-term sustainability of health habits
- Critical business, sales, and management skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s competitive environment
- The cost to take a national certification through ACSM is included in the program tuition
- All books and courseware are included in the program tuition
- Gym membership included in program tuition, starting month two
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify
When you receive a Personal Trainer diploma from Bryan University coupled with the credibility of an ACSM certification, you’re immediately prepared for the job market.
Hands-on Practicum in a Gym Facility
You’ll have the opportunity to attend a weekly hands-on, real-world experience at a gym, where you’ll practice and refine the knowledge, skills, and abilities learned in the online classroom. You’ll receive coaching and direct feedback from instructors and/or the on-site externship coordinator, who are experienced fitness professionals. Your gym site will be selected by you with the assistance of your Bryan U instructor during your first month of the program. You’ll learn and experience various training modalities common throughout the fitness industry and integrate them into the program design process, while gaining experience performing many common exercises and movement patterns that will be utilized with your future clients.
Attend Academic Courses from the Comfort of Home
At Bryan University, we believe that success in the field of health and fitness training demands a different approach to education. That’s why we’re dedicated to building a more innovative, interactive
The Bryan University Difference
- Long-Standing History of Excellence.
We have a 77-year proven track record of preparing graduates for successful careers since 1940.
- Focus on Employment, Not Just a Diploma.
You’ll graduate with a diploma targeted for a in-demand job market and earn skills that match employers’ needs. Work with the Career Services Department to build a job network, sharpen your interview skills, and create an eye-catching resume.
- Accelerated Programs.
At Bryan University, we’ve developed a unique approach to education that allows you to complete your program in the shortest amount of time possible, while still providing the top-notch curriculum, faculty, and support to ensure your success.
- Get the Credit You Deserve.
If you apply to Bryan University with prior college credits and/or a degree, we’ll accept as many credits as possible to validate the hard work you’ve already completed.
- Learn by Doing, Not Just Lectures.
You’ll develop skills and competencies using some of the most innovative, state-of-the-art learning curriculum, tools, and resources available.
- Learn From Experts, Not Just Books.
Each faculty member has been carefully selected to ensure they have extensive industry experience. They provide caring, individualized support and mentoring.
- Connect With Others, Not Just the Internet.
Whether you’re an online or on campus student, you’ll learn collaboratively with faculty and peers to build a network of colleagues—for life.
- Return for Refresher Classes.
As a Bryan graduate, you’ll have the privilege of returning and auditing previously completed courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills and confidence sharp.
A member of our student finance team will help you put together a financial plan that works for you. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.